We are going to fix an iPhone 6S Plus with audio problem, the original iPhone audio is not measured with large current, but in the contrary, a new audio IC shows large current, so we can determine that the original iPhone audio IC is good.
Connect the iPhone device to check, it is not available for recording but the ringtone is normal. After disassembly, we find that large audio was not replaced before, first we are going to clean the iPhone motherboard. The electric current is normal when booting, the resistance measurement of U3500 M7 pin is on the ground. the point is the main power supply of PP_VCC_MAIN, if it is grounded, it will certainly clamp large current, so once again when we pinch, large current is not there.
Remove the shielding cap to measure the capacitors C3603 and C3601 near M7, we also found that the capacitance is measured to ground. Remove these two capacitors to measure U3500's M7 pin and C3603, C3601 resistance is infinite, and now it can be sure that the wire is broken. Measuring M7 pin and capacitor is interlinked, solder the jumper wire from the capacitor C3603 to the nearest PP_VCC_MAIN. From the picture, we can see that the point of which more convenient to borrow power is the capacitor C4020.
Finally, apply UV green oil to fix and insulated, the resistance of M7 is returned to normal, and we do the clamping test again, the current is normal, so we install the iPhone 6S Plus to test functions.
Finally, all of the audio, transmitters and receiver functions return to work now! VIP Pro Shop Team www.vipprogrammer.com
A customer complained that his iPhone 6S Plus volume button unavailable. When he press the volume button, it has no response. In a word, the iPhone 6S Plus volume button stop working. After try to fix it by rebooting and updating, but nothing worked. Now we realize that it may be a hardware problem. We are going to DIY fix it by professional phone repair tools.
First, open the WUXINJI Dongle to check the iPhone Schematic Diagram, we found there are three signal lines on volume button interface, they were volume up, volume down and mute switch.
Measure the voltage of 2 pin, 4 pin and 9 pin of J4791, we found the voltage of volume up signal 4 pin BUTTON_VOL_UP_CONN_L only has 0.6V, while the voltage of volume down signal pin 4 BUTTON_VOL_DOWN_CONN_L and voltage of mute signal pin 9 BUTTON_RINGER_A_CONN are 1.8V.
After check the iPhone Schematic Diagram, we found the three signals do not have pull-up resistors, which suggests that CPU offer the pull-up voltage. Use Fluke 15B+ Digital Multimeter to measure the diode data of volume control connector J4701 4 pin, it is normal. Then the low voltage of volume up signal BUTTON_VOL_UP_CONN_L could be caused by electric leakage from some components on this signal circuit. Capacitor C4713, voltage-regulator diode DZ4713 and CPU U0201 are connected with this signal.
The data is normal, which indicate that CPU is not pseudo soldering. Now we remove the C4713 and DZ4713 first. After remove it, measure the volume up signal line again, the voltage still is 0.6V, the diode data is normal. The voltage is abnormal even after some parts are torn, which is obviously caused by a damaged CPU.
We can't replace the iPhone CPU, but we can add a pull-up voltage at the outside of CPU. After checking circuit diagram, it is the most convenient to gain voltage from compass. Connect a 1kΩresistor at the 1.8V end of capacitor C3000. Jump a wire from the other end of the resistor to the un-grounded end of C4712.
Now, we measure the voltage of J4701 pin 4 volume up, the voltage has 1.76V, it is normal now. Finally, assemble the iPhone by JM-P01 Essential Toolkit, power on iPhone and test it, now the volume button can back to normal work.
It's important for a professional cell phone repair man to know the different parts and components exist inside of the mobile phone and find out the possible faults. For example, if there is a network problem in mobile phone, you know the different parts, components and functions in the network part, then of course you can easily find out the fault to repair by different repair phone tools. In this article, VIPFIX will list different parts or components and possible fault.
- Touch Panel (PDA) Fault: it's possible on cell phone CPU, Touch Panel / PDA Panel, Touch Panel Control IC, Signal Interface Parts etc.
- Vibrator Fault: Vibrator Motor, Vibration Supply Components, Power IC, Vibrator Driver IC etc.
- FM Radio Fault: Fands Free Lead, Hands Free Connector, FM and Bluetooth IC, FM Driver IC, CPU etc.
- MIC Sound Fault: MIC, MIC Interface Connection, MIC Signal and Supply Components, Power IC, CPU etc.
- Display Fault: LCD, LCD Connector, LCD Supply Components, LCD Signal Interface Filter IC, CPU, LCD Signal Interface Resistance etc.
- Keypad Fault: Key Tip, Key Pad Dot Sheet, Key Signal Filters, Key Signal Varactors, Key Board to Key Connector, CPU etc.
- USB and Bottom Connector fault: USB and Bottom Connector, USB and Signal Interface Connector Components, USB Signal Interface IC, USB Driver IC, CPU etc.
- Micro SD Card Fault / MMC Fault: Micro SD Card, Micro Card Connector, Micro Card Detector Switch, Micro Card Detector Signal Components, CPU etc.
- Ear Speaker Fault: Ear Speaker, Ear Speaker Signal Components, Audio Amplifier IC, CPU, Power IC etc.
- Ringer Fault: Ringer, Ringer Signal Input and Output Components, Audio Amplifier IC, Power IC, CPU etc.
- SIM Fault: SIM Card, SIM Socket, SIM Signal and Supply Interface Components, Resistance, Coil, Power IC, CPU etc.
- Power ON Fault: Battery (3.7V), Battery Connector Jack, Power IC, CPU, Flash IC, S-RAM IC, RF Crystal, RF Clock Section Component, RF IC, Power ON / OFF Trigger Components.
- Bluetooth Fault: Bluetooth Antenna, Bluetooth Driver IC, Bluetooth Section Crystal, CPU etc.
- Backlight (LED) Fault: LED, Backlight Driver IC, Backlight Driver Section Components, Power IC, CPU etc.
- Charging Fault: Charger (5-6V), Battery (3.7V), Charger Connector, Charger Volt Fuse, Coil, Charger Over Volt Protector, Charging IC, Power IC, Charging Regulator, Charging Volt Output Components, Charger and Charger Volt Detector Components.
- Network Fault: Antenna Switch, PFO, FEM, RF IC, VCO, RX-Filter, TX-Filter, RF Antenna, RF Crystal, External Antenna Socket, Network Signal and Supply Control and Interface Section.
We received an iPhone 6S which problem is no display, it just shows black screen. After we received the iPhone 6s, we start to repair. Disassemble the iPhone, use DC power supply to provide power on it to detect it, the current is very normal. Even if the current it normal, but the iPhone screen still doesn't display. Observe it more carefully; we can see the faint light from the side, which means that this is faulty iPhone with a light but no display.
According our experience, most of the fault points in this situation are in the display touch power supply circuit. Open the power side; we can see the iPhone PCB board is very dirty, especially in the display touch power supply tube. And after check it, we can know that this display touch power supply tube has been replaced many times.
Now we're going to use Fluke 15B+ Digital Multimeter to measure positive and negative 5.7V on the iPhone display touch power supply tube, the voltage measured is less than 2V. Next to measure the voltage of boost capacitor, the voltage only is less than 2V. Now we know the boost circuit is a problem.
Because the display touch power supply tube has been replaced on iPhone 6S, so we don't need to replace it now, the emphasis is on boosting inductance and capacitance. After measuring the inductance, we found that it was no problem. Then the problem is centered on the capacitor.
Open WUXINJI Dongle to check iPhone schematic diagram, we know this boost capacitance is C4002, we decided to replace the capacitor. With the help of QUICK 861DW, we replace it smoothly and quickly.
Assemble the iPhone to test, the screen displays normally now. Continue to test other functions, all is fine, the fault has been solved. The fault is on this small capacitor.
Smartphones are more and more important to people. No matter what smartphone you are using, when you use a long time, there will always appear some problems. Even the most high-end smart phone - Apple, cannot escape the blame. Many people have enjoyed their iPhone 6, but sadly, many problems have arisen over the years. If you've run into some iPhone 6 problems, Vip Fix Shop Team will give you the right answer. Midway encounter some need to repair the steps, you better prepare the iPhone repair tools for maintenance.
1. iPhone is slow or lagging
When you update the iPhone 6, it may turn into sluggish. If you find that there are delays when tapping or swiping, or perhaps apps take a few seconds longer to open than they once did, then there are a few things you can try.
• Restart your iPhone. Press and hold the Power button and Home buttons simultaneously, until you see the Apple logo.
• If that doesn't help, then try performing a factory reset and restoring your device from a backup.
2. iPhone screen freezes
When your iPhone 6 screen becomes frozening or stuck on Apple Logo, you can do these steps.
• Use the lock button to turn the screen off and on again.
• Hold down the Power button and Home buttons until you see the Apple logo appear to reset your iPhone.
• Factory reset and restore your device as a new phone, or restore it from a backup.
• If they can't solve your problem, please contact Apple or going to an iPhone repair store. The problem may be with the hardware, not the software.
3. Can't hear during calls
When you can't hear the other caller during a phone call, but can make and receive calls as normal, or they sound muffled even when the volume is turned up.
• Make sure that you don't have anything plugged into the headphone port.
• Try turning Bluetooth off via Settings to make sure that you aren't connected to a headset or car system.
• Try toggling speakerphone on during a call.
4. iPhone 6 won't charge
iPhone 6 can't charge is a common problem, you can solve it by some simple methods.
• Make sure that you are using the cable and wall charger that came with your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
• Try using a different wall socket, a different cable, and a different charger.
• Take a look at the connector on your cable and the port on your iPhone. Make sure that they're clean and free of dust.
• Check your iPhone USB cable is in humid or wet environment, maybe it can get corroded.
5. Touch ID not working
When the iPhone 6 owners being unable to use Touch ID and attempting to remove and re-add fingerprints, but the Touch ID setup fails over and over. If it is not a hardware problem, don't worry.
• Hold the Power button and Home buttons to trigger a forced restart.
• Clean the area around the iPhone Home button.
• Go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode, delete your fingerprints, and tap Turn Passcode Off. Turn your iPhone off and back on again, then go back to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and set it up afresh.
• Create a backup using iTunes and restore your device using that backup. If the problem persists, try a factory reset, but don't restore the backup. Set it up and test to see if iPhone Touch ID works correctly.
We received a damaged iPhone 6 from a customer, he said the iPhone 6 keeps rebooting repeatedly. After getting the phone, we carefully watched the mobile phone mainboard repair situation, and found that the barometer of the mobile phone was soldered with 4 or 5 jumper wires, but we have no idea what was the fault was fixed at that time. Observe the iPhone 6s motherboard with a professional Trinocular Stereo Microscope, it is found that there is a small dot near the barometer disappeared. Checking the WUXINJI iPhone schematic diagram and bitmap, we get to know it is a zero ohm resistor. After the short connection and installation, the iPhone 6s is tested OK. In order to ensure that the customer will not get any problems when he receives the handset, it will not be a problem if he wait for a night, until the second day morning, we found sometimes it still reboot repeatedly.
Is there a small hole in the barometer that causes a partial damage to the barometer? A barometer is directly found on the dismounted iPhone 6s motherboard, apply high temperature glue on the small hole and blown down the barometer with hot air gun. After the barometer replacement, the iPhone has no reboot failure after waiting for 2 days.
Conclusion: it's very important to observe carefully before cell phone repairs. Do not blindly fix the motherboard of a mobile phone. Now there are many control interfaces of mobile phone CPU, and it will cause very weird fault symptom when there is something wrong with it.